Nashville Wine Auction is excited to announce the full schedule for Pairings: Nashville’s Ultimate Wine and Food Weekend, which will take place on February 23-25, 2017. Pairings celebrates the notion that exceptional wine elevates delicious food and that delicious food can elevate an exceptional wine. The weekend kicks off with Private Vintner Dinners, followed by Wined Up!, a walk-around wine and food tasting and silent auction. The weekend finishes with Pairings, a gourmet dinner and live auction at City Winery. Patrons can feel good about enjoying their wine and food, as Nashville Wine Auction exists solely to raise funds to support the fight against cancer.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
PRIVATE VINTNER DINNERS
DATE: Thursday, February 23, 2017
PLACE: Various locations throughout Nashville (details below)
PRICE: Various price points (details below)
For Private Vintner Dinners, attendees will choose from 15 intimate dinners throughout Nashville featuring West Coast winemakers. These special dinners will allow attendees an opportunity to meet celebrated winemakers, taste their mouthwatering creations, and enjoy a multi-course meal from outstanding chefs.
- Blackbird Vineyards, represented by Michael Polenske and Kathleen Korb, at Le Sel with Chef Brian Lea and hosted by Laura Lea and Max Goldberg. $200 per person.
- Bougetz Cellars, represented by Joan & Thomas Bougetz, at the home of JJ and George Seiters with Chef Matt Bolus of The 404 Kitchen. $200 per person.
- Crocker & Starr, represented by Pam Starr, at the home of Vicki and Rick Horne with Chef Kevin Ramquist of The Unicorn Nashville. $200 per person.
- Darioush, represented by Jodie MacKenzie, at Mangia with Elefante Family Recipes prepared by Chef Nick Pellegrino and hosted by Coni and Dino Elefante. $200 per person.
- D.R. Stephens, represented by David Robbins, at the home of Kirsten and Brian Junghans with Chef Salvador Avila of Prima. $225 per person.
- Dunn Vineyards, represented by Mike Dunn, at the home of Elise and Harvey Crouch with Chef Burke Conley of G Catering. $250 per person.
- Fantesca Estate & Winery, represented by Jeffrey Giel, at Table 3 with Chef Joe Shaw and hosted by Janet Kurtz and Ron Gobbell. $200 per person.
- Flora Springs, represented by Paul J. Trione, at Kayne Prime with Chef Robert Grace and hosted by Jay Jones and Rob Turner. $175 per person.
- Gamble Family Vineyards, represented by Tom Gamble and Ashley Brandner, at the home of Rahel Klapheke Sloan and Jim Sloan with Chef Jason Zygmont of Treehouse. $300 per person.
- Herman Story, represented by Russell & Vailia From, at the home of Loren Chumley and Scott Peterson with Chef Hal Holden-Bache of Lockeland Table. $300 per person.
- J. Bookwalter, represented by Gretchen & John Bookwalter, at 360 Bistro with Chef Joe Townsend and hosted by Carrie Kitko and Matt Leavitt. $175 per person.
- Kokomo Winery, represented by Erik Miller, at the home of Kyle and Wil Shults with Chef Molly Martin of Salt & Vine. $150 per person.
- Phifer Pavitt, represented by Suzanne Phifer Pavitt, at the home of Marjorie Feltus-Hawkins and David Hawkins with Chef Bryan Lee Weaver of Butcher & Bee. $300 per person.
- Taylor Family Vineyards, represented by Pat Taylor and Danielle Taylor-Coker, at the home of Jason Hickok with Chef Chris Stallard of Flyte World Dining and Wine Bar. $200 per person.
- Spire Collection, represented by Ryan Hughes and Ross Anderson, at the home of Amy Marsalis and Keith Simpkins with Chef Andy Hayes of Barcelona Wine Bar. $200 per person.
Walk-Around Wine and Food Tasting and Silent Auction
DATE: Friday, February 24, 2017
TIME: 6:00pm to 9:00pm
PLACE: City Winery, 609 Lafayette Street, Nashville
PRICE: $125 per person ($100 is tax deductible)
Wined Up!, named Nashville’s “primo tasting event” by Nfocus Magazine, will offer attendees the opportunity to taste extraordinary wine from 29 featured wineries representing California, Oregon, and Washington, while tasting delicious bites from Chef Garrett Pittler of City Winery, Chef Greg Biggers of Café des Architectes, Chef Charles Welch of Honey’s, and Chef Erick Williams of mk The Restaurant. The Silent Auction will feature 125 lots of fine wines and luxury items.
Participating Wineries include: Arrington Vineyards, Azur Wines, Blackbird Vineyards, Bougetz Cellars, Crocker & Starr Wines, Darious, Desparada Wines, D.R. Stephens Estate, Dunn Vineyards, Fantesca Estate & Winery, Flora Springs Winery & Vineyards, Foundry Vineyards, Gamble Family Vineyards, Giornata, Harumph Wines, Herman Story Wines, J. Bookwalter, Kokomo Winery, Ledge Vineyards, Northstar, Peacock Vineyard, Phifer Pavitt Winery, Rarecat Wines, Redmon Wines, Retro Cellars, Sojourn Cellars, The Spire Collection, Taylor Family Vineyards, Willamette Valley Vineyards
Gourmet Dinner and Live Auction
DATE: Saturday, February 25, 2017
TIME: 6:00pm to 10:00pm
PLACE: City Winery, 609 Lafayette Street, Nashville
PRICE: $250 per person ($200 is tax deductible) or $2,500 per table, 10 seats included ($2,000 tax deductible)
Nashville chefs will team up with Chicago chefs to create a six-course menu that pairs perfectly with special wines from outstanding California vintners. This year’s participating chefs and wineries include:
- Reception Pairing – Chef Jason Zygmont of Treehouse (Nashville) with Zonin Prosecco
- First Pairing – Chef Dale Levitski of Fin & Pearl (Nashville) with Phifer Pavitt Date Night Sauvignon Blanc 2015
- Second Pairing – Chef Charles Welch of Honey’s (Chicago) with Crocker & Starr Cabernet Franc 2014
- Third Pairing – Chef Greg Biggers of Café des Architectes (Chicago) with Cardinale Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- Fourth Pairing – Chef Erick Williams of mk The Restaurant (Chicago) with D.R. Stephens Moose Valley Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
- Fifth Pairing – Chef Tony Galzin of Nicky’s Coal Fired (Nashville) with Gamble Family Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Franc 2013
Throughout dinner, Auctioneer CK Swett from Zachy’s will host the exciting Live Auction, which will offer guests the ability to bid on fine wines, unique dinners and tastings, one-of-a-kind trips, and luxury items.