Each year, our lovely city hosts the Tennessee State Fair at The Fairgrounds Nashville. From axe throwing to beauty pageants, this unique festivals offers something for everyone. The theme for this year is “A Tennessee Tradition” in reference to the 150 years of the fair’s existence and how it has become a tradition for the state. On their website they list the top ten events you have to check (which we copied below). Each event sounds amazing to attend, but we highly suggest you check out the full schedule and not miss any of the fun. It all takes places from September 9th to the 18th and you can purchase tickets here: tnstatefair.org.
Top Ten Events at the Tennessee State Fair
1) Great Lakes Timber Show – Select dates
2) Fairest of the Fair Pageant – September 9-10
3) Hedrick’s Racing Pigs – Select dates
4) African Acrobats – Select dates
5) Western Comedy Showdown – Select dates
6) State Fair Race – September 10
7) Korso The Magician – Select dates
8) Balloon Bonanza – Every day of the fair
9) Boxing Night – September 17
10) Outlaw Nation Music – September 16
If you would like more information head to: tnstatefair.org.